This update focused on the in-person shared experience. This allows you and your colleagues to automatically sync up your devices when you are in the same physical and holographic room. The HoloLenses find each other via Bluetooth, turn off the avatars and exchange the Spatial Anchor in order to see the holograms in the same physical location. For our architecture clients, we've added a scalable Revit integration that allows you to bring in your Revit models with one click.
Here is the latest build news of our immersive HoloMeeting application
More info on our previous update can be found here but we also provide regular updates via our general blog too.
The next update will be released on Friday, 16th of March 2018.
HoloMeeting Update V 1.4.1
- Anchor sharing for in-person shared mode
- Display of application version on the menu
- Scalable Revit integration
- Notification when holographic workspace capacity is reached
- Notification when unsupported filetype is selected
- Updated gaze tracker design to enhance person-to-person communication
- Improved audio communication layer for Mixed Reality headsets
- Confirmation message when adding yourself to waitlist
- Screenshots taken via the live feed now have unique names to avoid overriding previous screenshots
- Breadcrumb system for OneDrive to easily navigate folders
- Name is automatically suggested based on email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org uses the name max.mustermann as default)
- Improved placement of shared holographic workspace
- Fixed size of sub menu for PDFs
- Revit sub menu is now centered and on-top of models with billboard function to ensure it is always perpendicular to the user
- Added 3D app icon for Immersive Headsets
- Fixed missing Skybox in Immersive Headsets
- Resolved bug in live feed which encouraged users to click the live feed button muliple times despite the live feed already being activated. This caused empty camera instances on other users which could potentially lead to a hard crash.
- Fixed a possible crash due to activating holograms in the live feed of another user
- Hologram stabiliser was not always in sync with other users. This has now been fixed
- Long file/folder lists within OneDrive can extend past the menu
- Loading high polygon models (500k+) may cause audio artefacts
- Having the device portal open may cause audio artefacts
- Audio artefacts during live streaming
- DAE files without textures are currently not working
Fortnighty Development Cycle and Updates
As mentioned, we are operating HoloMeeting on a fortnightly deveopment sprint cycle. This is part of our agile implementation to fit in with our Early Access Program, of which we are currently onboarding our initial clients.
To stay up to date, feel free to subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of the page.
If you have a HoloLens and want to give it a try yourself, simply click the chat button on the right to arrange a demo with one of our team members.